July 17, 2007

Heroes of the Road

When I stepped out of my non-airconditioned Astoria-in-Queens appartment this morning I nearly dropped into that nose-bleeding biker. Well, not one of those guys with tiny silver-pinned leather skins and tatoos all over. He was just an ordinary guy getting some things done for his boss who was probably the owner of that awfully smelling fish & delicatesse shop at the corner.
But people on the Streets of America are not used to have bycicle-drivers on the same road that they think was built for SUV and trucks only.
And I thaught of Manhatten, where in 1.5 weeks I saw exactly 7 bikes but an estimated number of 10 million cars or so.
These few bikers are my Heroes of the Road.
cuZooN.

2 comments:

Jason h said...

Hey! i'm going to cali this sunday.. gonna be there for a week, this is the site i was talking about where i made the extra cash. later!

Anonymous said...

As they are mine in England - or Wales.